Thursday, January 8, 2015

Comfort Food #2 Italian Sausage

Growing up in southeast Kansas one of the best things was the outstanding Italian sausage. There is no comparison to the taste of hand made sausage, I mean the crap you by at the supermarket just doesn't come close. So in my need for great sausage I had to come up with a recipe of my own.

1 lb ground beef
2 lb ground pork
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons black pepper (I usually cut it back to 1 so it's not to spicy for the kids)
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1/4 cup red table wine
1 tablespoon of sugar

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl by hand until mixed well. You can stuff it in casings if you want I usually don't. This makes awesome meat balls as well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment