Monday, January 5, 2015

Seven trumpets of Revelation: Trumpets 1&2

Rev 8:7-9 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third of the trees were burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up. 8 And the second angel sounded and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; 9 and the third part of the creatures which were in the sea and had life died and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

John is seeing these images from 2000+ years ago. Scholars have long debated is he speaking literal or is this how a man 2000 years ago could only discribe technologies that no one at that time could phathum. I'm of the latter belief. I'm not saying I'm right or that im smarter than men that have studied this for decades, I'm just stating what I believe John was seeing.

It is my belief that the hail and fire mingled with blood that John speaks of would be the dropping of bombs in WW1. The bombs used were not accurate, they fell like hail and from the pictures I've seen from then the trees and the grass were burnt up. Just google it. Another possibility would be Stalin's enactment of a scorched earth policy to stop Nazi advances in Ukraine during WW2.  Some would argue that 1/3 of the world didn't exsperince this so it couldn't be the first trumpet. I don't believe he was speaking of the world as a whole but just of the area of the events he saw.

Now I believe that the second trumpet came in WW2. If you have seen the pictures of Hiroshima when the United States dropped the atom bomb on it I believe you have seen the image of the great mountain burning with fire that was cast into the sea. There were approximately 105,000 ships in WW2 over 36,000 were destroyed which is almost exactly 1/3.  

I hope you found this informative and helpful. I hope it at least sparked your interest and inspired you to do more research on the subject. Next time I will cover the fourth trumpet. Thanks! And God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment